Any Member of a TMBN church may participate in meetings of this team with the team’s published protocols serving as the basis for decision making. They are expected to remain well informed on local needs, growth trends, and best practices.
The Annual Financial Plan of the Network will allocate funds for Leader Care and Development. This team is fully authorized to use these funds to resource the vision of affiliated churches.
- Requests for funds should be specific and made in writing to the Leader Care and Development Team prior to the scheduled meetings. Requests to assist individuals must be submitted by another ministry staff person except as noted below.
- Churches must demonstrate how this training or activity will assist them in moving forward with their God given vision.
- The local congregation asking for help should be a financial partner of TMBN for funding to be granted. Requests for Leader Development must come from the participating church rather than the individuals. Special exceptions may be considered.
- Funding the Leader Care & Development Team grants to a church will be based on the need determined by the strategy, budget for the project and available funds.
- Funding for church sponsored events might match, but will not exceed the investment of the requesting church.
- Full assistance, regardless of church participation, may be offered for counseling, finances, accountability, crisis prevention and/or intervention as well as general support. In such cases, an individual may submit their own request to preserve confidentiality.
- Individual grants may include financial supplements for formal education, missions, and conferences for staff members within the Tulsa Metro Baptist Network Churches. Funding of educational scholarships will be considered on an individual basis for ministry staff only and will, if granted, be “one-time only.” Church financial participation is expected. Mission support for non-staff is limited to expenses associated with training prior to the trip.
- The Team requires individuals and churches receiving grants to report back to the Team in writing stating event outcomes.
- Meetings of the Leader Care & Development Team shall be held monthly from August through May, (excluding December) or as needed. Currently, the normal meeting is the last Thursday of the month.